eHarmony explains why you’re the hottest property in town
Ah, love. There’s nothing that warms your parts quite like it.
The dating site eHarmony has recently published this list of 15 reasons to date a lawyer:
1. Quoting your date will make you sound smarter: “My boyfriend is a lawyer and he says…”
2. Your mom and dad will be impressed. Plus: A lawyer in the family is always a good thing!
3. Most lawyers are fantastic dressers. (Yes, there’s more than one suit in his/her closet.)
4. Lawyers are financially secure.
5. Lawyers know how to present themselves well – and up the charm. Your date will likely make a great impression with your friends and colleagues.
6. Your date will stand up for you, even when you’re wrong.
7. Lawyers are often invited to interesting social events. Most of them include an open bar.
8. Lawyers are very experienced negotiators and excel at conflict resolution.
9. Like to debate? Your date is always up for that type of challenge.
10. Lawyers have good memories – or at least good note-taking skills.
11. Speaking of note-taking, there will be plenty of free legal pads lying around.
12. Your date will have interesting law-school stories (and lots of life experience). As a general rule, lawyers work hard and play hard.
13. Lawyers are eloquent, articulate and very insightful when it comes to reading another person’s character.
14. Eloquence is sexy. So are briefcases.
15. If you ever need your partner’s services, he/she will work especially hard for you.
Where to start? Highlights for us include such gems as “Lawyers are financially secure” and “Lawyers are often invited to interesting social events”. Then there’s “Most lawyers are fantastic dressers” and the fact that there will be legal pads freely available to you (presumably until your lawyer date gets told to stop stealing the stationery).
Actually, the legal pad reason is probably our favourite. Free pads of paper have always been the route to true love, as everyone knows. Throw in a blue biro and you’re practically married.
So, if you’re looking for love, just look around you. You might be working late (yet again), but heavens to the proverbial Betsy, every one of those sleepy lawyers is a regular catch.
And if, by some awful trick of the fates, it should all go horribly wrong, you’ll have an impressive collection of office products to split in half. KW